Devin J. Stone, Esq.
Mr. Stone’s practice focuses on all aspects of civil litigation and trial, focusing on commercial litigation matters. Mr. Stone has wide ranging experience including:
- Business litigation
- Contract disputes
- Intellectual property litigation (including wide ranging cases involving all manner of copyrights, trademarks, and patents)
- Business torts (including unfair competition and consumer protection statutes)
- Consumer class action defense
- Complex contract and business litigation
- Banking regulation litigation (involving negotiable instruments, the UCC, and FIRREA)
- Government contracts
- Privacy regulation claims
- Students rights claims
- Construction and real estate litigation
- Product liability
- Bankruptcy actions (adverse proceeding)
- Toxic torts
Commensurate with his wide-ranging practice, Mr. Stone has extensive experience with trial, motion practice, depositions, discovery, and general litigation. He has drafted numerous successful trial briefs, motions for judgment on the pleadings, motions for summary judgments, demurrers, motions to dismiss, and other sundry motions.
Prior to starting Stone Law DC, Mr. Stone was a senior associate at national firms Barnes & Thornburg and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.
Before that, he served as an extern for the Honorable Arthur L. Alarcon, a senior judge for the Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. While externing for Judge Alarcon, Devin worked on several civil and criminal Ninth Circuit appeals and drafted portions of published opinions.
Mr. Stone received his undergraduate degree, with honors, in Political Science, summa cum laude from the UCLA in 2005, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. In 2008, he earned his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, where he served as a member of the UCLA Entertainment Law Review. Mr. Stone is also a distinguished academic competitor. In law school, he was heavily involved with the UCLA Mock Trial Program and UCLA Moot Court Honors Program, where he was one of the most successful advocates in the history of the school. Some accolades Mr. Stone received at various national competitions included:
- Winning the AAJ/ATLA regional mock trial competition in 2005 and again in 2007 (the only two years he competed in the competition)
- Winning the Stanford Invitational Tournament in 2005 (placing first as a team and first as the overall attorney)
- Finishing as semifinalist at the 56th Roscoe Pound Moot Court Tournament (earning UCLA’s Distinguished Advocate and Outstanding Advocate awards)
- After law school, Mr. Stone continued to support the UCLA Mock Trial Program and served as its head coach from 2008 to 2011.
Mr. Stone is admitted to practice in California, Maryland, New York, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
UCLA School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2008
University of California, Los Angeles
B.S., Political Science, 2005
• California, New York, DC, Maryland, Virginia